Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Sunday 16 January 2011

I won a competition




Well, I had a surprise when I got home yesterday, hubby was working, so I had a gentle browse doing the shopping, then went to our local Hobbycraft store and bought some bits, then on to a clothes store to spend some vouchers I had for Christmas. I had a wonderful morning. I had not been in long after unloading the car when hubby came home and handed me a parcel. Apparently it had been left with our neighbour when delivered by the post man. I think Kevin thought I had been spending again and I wondered what it was to. I opened it to find I had won a competition I had entered some time ago in the Cake Craft & Decoration Magazine I buy and I had won a book, here is a picture. I am quite chuffed, as I am not usually any good at competitions. There are some really gruesome ideas in it for decorating cakes but it looks fun. I am now getting ready for valentines day and am hoping I can do a few valentines cakes for people soon. I have bought some cake dummies so I can practise my cake decorating on them and then when I do the real thing I have it already planned without making a hash of the cakes when I come to decorate them. I have one order for a valentines cake and the brief is for it to be iced in red with black roses on, he was very specific so I will be trying out my hand at making fondant roses so will hopefully be putting a few pictures of my attempts on soon. Bye for now and will catch up with everyone soon.

4 comments:

  1. Wel done you, nice to hear of someone you know winning something. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - the cake blanks. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations Sue.
    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations. Contests are fun to win...

    ReplyDelete