Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Sunday 16 January 2011

Fondant Roses



After my earlier post I decided I needed to get going on some practising. I have been asked to make a valentines cake, and he has been quite specific in how he wants it decorated. It is to be a heart shaped cake iced in red with black roses. I have never made roses before but have had a go them this afternoon and I don't think they have come out too bad. I have cut the petal shapes with my Cricut Cake and shaped them a little, I have then dusted them in edible glitter which I think looks quite good. I am quite pleased with my first attempt at these and will be making some in red just in case they are needed. At least I can make these in advance and they won't spoil. Here are a couple of pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I think they are very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fab Sue well done. I think they're going to look great on the red heart cake, sure your customer will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good enough to eat....LOL.
    Fab roses Sue - well done.
    Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete