Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Sunday 9 January 2011

Latest DIY




Well here we are the first week over for January, how are you all surviving, especially those who have had all the recent snow. Didn't get much here in Warrington you blinked and it was gone. Anyway, thought I would put up a few more pictures of our latest DIY, this time we have been working on the hall and I now have full banister top and bottom of the stair,carpeted tread and laminated landing. If you look on earlier posts then you would have seen some pictures of my hubby preparing the walls. I must say he has done a wonderful job, however i did have a slight accident, when taking photos of his latest handiwork I somehow lost my bearings having thought I was on the bottom step when in fact I was three steps up, consequently as I stepped out it was into fresh air and I landed quite heavily on my ankle. A big OUCH oh the pain. I am please to say that I did not break it (wouldn't that have looked good ringing in to work on the first day back from Christmas Hols to say I had had a slight accident)anyway I have hobbled around for the last week and although it is still painful today most of the swelling has gone although i have some lovely black bruised all over my foot and ankle and a few other places too. I must also point out that we have had no banisters etc top and bottom on the stairs for the last 2 to 3 years and I had not fallen down them then so had to christen them once finished what a dope I am.

3 comments:

  1. Looking fab Sue..!! Well done to Hubby for all his hard work - & you too.
    Bet you're glad it's all done...
    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hall looks super stylish Sue well done to you and hubby. Do you two give lessons? Hubby and I are rubbish at DIY. Hope your foot and ankle are better soon, glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you weren't seriously injured. Everything looks wonderful! I am sure you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete