Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Saturday 23 April 2011

Something Pink


Well, I hope everyone is well, I have been so busy of late have not had time to post anything on my blog. Kevin and I are currently putting in a new kitchen for his mum and dad, its an easier space to work with so hopefully it should not be as messy as I have been through recently. Not that I am complaining though as I am enjoying my new kitchen. I recently had a request from a friend at work who wanted a cake for her daughters birthday (the daughter is 24) the request was for a chocolate sponge then covered in pink fondant and the decoration was left up to me. I decided to go with pink and brouwn theme and I think it worked well. In fact I was really pleased with the finished result even if I say so myself. My friend thought it was so her daughters sort of thing so I hope it went down well. Here is a photo for you to see. I cut largish circles with my Cricut cake then used a very small circular cutter to cut the centres out but I did this slightly off center to give a more interesting shape. I am hoping I can be a bit more creative with my decorating in future after seeing the result of my latest creation.

3 comments:

  1. It's a stunning cake Sue, you get better with every one.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're pleased with it - your customer will be over the moon!! Love the pink & brown colour combo - looks very classy!!
    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fab cake Sue, your customer should be realy peased with it.

    ReplyDelete