Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Sunday 3 April 2011

Old Cookery Books



As a lot of my friends know I have a passion for baking and cooking in general, and I especially love spending an afternoon browsing through my collection of cookery books and planning something nice. Amongst my collection I have a couple of really old books, one used to be in my Nan's cupboard and when we went to stay I would always look at it. It is called "Domestic Cookery" The Household Manual, it is a fab book full of old recipe's and I would imagine would have been very useful back in my Nan's younger days. It is so old now I have to be careful with it as some of the pages are now coming out. Another book I have belonged to my Gran and this is called "Radiation" Cookery Book this was published for use with the Regulo Gas cookers and finally also belonging to Gran I have a "How to Ice a Cake" she went to evening classes to learn Royal Icing and such and I forgot I had this book, all be it is very old it still has some useful tips in it. I have only taken a photo of the fronts of them as I am not sure if I am allowed to post photo;s of the inside.

5 comments:

  1. Fab looking cookery books!!
    As I said on busymitts - well used & well loved. You must carry on the tradition....
    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool to have your Grandmother's cook book. I have my grandmothers treadle sewing machine and her old cabinet radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue the books are great I do remember seeeing my mother in law with the first one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue I remember my mother in law having the first book

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some real gems there Sue.

    ReplyDelete