Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Saturday 31 March 2012

Latest Cakes




Oh how time runs away, I had not realised it had been some time since I last posted on my blog. We are busy doing some more DIY so the house is a bit of a top at the minute, I will share more of the DIY with you later. My life is extremely busy at the moment both at work and at home. Here are the latest creations from my kitchen. I had three birthday cake orders to complete, one was for a 4 year old boy and he wanted a Fireman theme, so I printed off a picture and added some wording. Unfortunately the icing sheet had lifted a little while it dried so it is not as smooth as I would like, I added some red and white balls of fondant to decorate the base instead of using ribbon and I hear the young man in question was please with his cake. The second cake was for a 50th birthday a friends wife at work placed an order for her cake and she had supplied me with a picture and had said she did not want the usual white with colour added, so I produced this lemon covered cake with white flowers and bow and tag added and also some beading. The final cake was for a certain football team supporter this time the icing sheet went on perfectly and I also managed to do some royal icing, this has been a bit hit and miss for me but like everything else I just need to practise.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you have been buzy...!!!
    All your cakes are fab but I particularly like the yellow with the bow - very nice.
    Cake & DIY? this sounds a bit like our house - always something going on.....
    Take care Sue,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cakes sue all brilliant, I'm doing a cushion this week with the man city logo on what a coincidence x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back. Brilliant cakes as always.

    ReplyDelete