Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Wednesday 31 August 2011

A room for me ?





Whilst we have been off (we are now on our second week of our two week holiday}, the plan was for me to get started on my Christmas cake orders and hubby was doing some DIY. Some how it ended up me doing very little baking (I only managed to complete the 21st birthday cake order)because I somehow ended up being the fetch this carry that I need a brew and some food. Anyway I supposed I had to put something into this latest project as part of it was for me. Our son has flown the family home in the last few months and we finally got to get into his room and do something with it. If you have had boys you will understand what we were up against. He would never let us into his room to decorate and when we did try anything it got quite stressful as he was so rude about anything we wanted to do. So, his Dad said okay forget it so nothing got done for the 24 years that he lived at home with us. I had taken photo;s of what it looked like before we started but I managed to delete them from my camera the nearest I can get is when my original desk was out in the room after he left and you can see the state of the decoration around it. Now all the walls have been stripped plastered and painted and new flooring laid, I have a new specially made desk by my husband and I have cupboards for all my stuff (although this does not include my baking and cookery books that lot will have to stay downstairs. Here are some photos so hopefully you will get the idea, we just had a little touching up to do and a little tidying up but the bulk of it has now been done. I will post some more pictures when everything is tidy just wanted to give you a taster of what had been happening.



1 comment:

  1. As I said over on busymitts - I can relate totally with the "son" issue.... lol. Matt literally had to be bribed to let us in to give his walls a lick of paint and put down a new carpet..!!
    Although Stuart has not lived at home for 3 years now, he will not allow us to use his room for any other purpose (apart from some storage). He uses the room when he comes home at Xmas and the odd weekend & still won't give it up. I've been thinking it would make a great craft room for me - bigger & on the ground floor (it used to be the garage). But Stu objects to having the small bedroom..... Ah well, maybe one day. xxx

    ReplyDelete