Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Saturday 23 October 2010

Iced Lemon Sponge Cake


As most of you know my main craft is baking. I am still trying to find my way with my new Cricut Cake, I have a lot to learn still! So recently in between trying to master this machine, i have gone back to making sponges and am taking orders for Christmas at the moment after having put a poster up at work designed by one of my friends there. I now have a number of orders for the traditional Christmas cake and some sponges all to be decorated. So, I think i am going to be fairly busy over the next few weeks. However another friend of mine celebrated her birthday this week at work and normally my work mates would go to the local supermarket and buy a selection. I was asked to make to sponge cakes once of which was the one in the picture which was a Lemon Iced sponge cake. I think it went down well and I have an order for a smaller one for another work friend who is buying it for her Gran who loves lemon sponge. I will also be making some more goodies over the next week as we are holding a fund raising event at work, so will tell you morenext weekend.

4 comments:

  1. You know, Sue, I never come to visit you that I don't get hungry looking at all your beautiful cakes and confections. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delish Sue.....well done on your orders too!!
    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my birthday cake and it was scrumptious, you do have a knack with these sponges you know.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete