Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Christmas Cakes




Well I've been at it again I have made some more cakes, two are orders from friends and one is a gift for my next door neighbour, still a bit rough round the edges but with more practice I will get better, these are my usual Victoria sponge cakes decorated in festive designs. The mince pies I had made didn't get a look in as my son has taken them to work, I have one jar left of the mince pie filling, so I think I will just make a few more. Well wrap up warm if you have to go out me, I am going back to the kitchen, then relaxing in front of the fire and TV. If I don't get chance to speak to you again have a great Christmas and New Year.

4 comments:

  1. lovely cakes...did you use a fondant frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did, I also got a few tips from the lady whose shop I bought some cutters and things from as I got talking to her about me doing some classes next year to learn how to do the really fancy things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made several quarts of mince pie filling once....about 30 years ago. I had mince pie for about 3 years and since then I tried a store bought mince filling....not so good. My husbnd isn't crazy about it so I have been mince-free for years. Once we retire and I live near family I may make it again. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cakes are too pretty to cut. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete