Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Sunday 24 June 2012

Back in Blog Land

I have not visited blog land in a while in fact not since April 2012. A few things have happened in my life some not pleasant and some rather worrying and stressful for my immediate family and for my husbands family. Having said that I think there might be light at the end of the tunnel and we can all get back to some normality. I am still making cakes and this seems to help me through my problems. I have had orders for birthday cakes, baking for a charity event held at work and also made a cake for a baby shower. I loved doing the baby shower cake I did have an idea for decorating it with teddy bears but when it actually came to it I chose ducks, I think they turned out rather well. I also completed an order for a birthday cake which was ordered by our cleaner at work who wanted a cake for his partners birthday he wanted pink and girly and a heart shaped cake. Apart from making a big booby and putting the name of Anna on instead of Emma, which was easily resolved he was really pleased with the outcome and I have received an order from them to do their wedding cake for their wedding next year. A friend of ours has a daughter who is intending to get married also nest year and they have asked if I would like to do their wedding cake as well. I will also be completing my very first wedding cake order in September which is for our Assistant Site Manager at work whom I made sample vanilla sponge cake, chocolate sponge and a fruit cake for for his family to try. They want all three as a three tier wedding cake. I have just cleaned up my cake dummies so I can practice the design on them and so he can see what it will look like. Here are photo's of the baby shower cake and the birthday cake.

2 comments:

  1. you cakes are just gorgeous as usual.
    Sorry to hear that there have been worrying problems with you & yours. I hope everything will be resolved soon.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cakes as always. Hope everything is okay with you. I've had a pretty rubbish year too - so know the feeling exactly.

    ReplyDelete