Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

Sunday 6 February 2011

Playing with Cake decorating



What a cold and windy weekend we are having in Cheshire, it is not very pleasant out there today and our garden is getting a real battering, a lot of our plants are now damaged especially our Australis we have lost all the tops of it now and I am not sure whether it will now survive. We will have to wait and see. Anyway I have been playing in my kitchen and as mentioned in earlier posts I had bought some cake dummies which you can use to practise with. I have been asked to make a valentines cake for someone but he wants to see the design first. Here are a couple of pictures of where I am up to so far. It will be finished off with black roses, which I am in the process of making (very fiddly). I will be taking a picture of the finished example hopefully later on today. I have now started a round design and will be using my cricut cake for the shapes, will post some pictures when finished..

5 comments:

  1. That looks good Sue, roses are coming on too. Can't wait to see the finished result.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cakes are always brill so I expect there'll be no change there then - looking forward to seeing your progress!!
    Yes, windy weather is taking it's toll on our garden too. It's rained so much this weekend that Hubby had to go and pump some water out of the pond before it overflowed..!!
    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cakes are lovely. I especially liked the Christmas ones. Are you thinking of doing this as a profession?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great so far Sue, well done x The windy weather is terrible isn't it and it seems to be causing quite a bit of damage, hope your plants survive x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Yes Sue I would love to do this professionally, it is still a dream of mine. I did want to teach when I was younger but life changes so now I am rekindling my interest as a hobby and hopefully to go a bit further.

    ReplyDelete